The Campaign for Catholic School’s first project, Trinity Catholic Academy (TCA), is a two-campus school educating 350 students. With support from local pastors, business leaders, and generous donors, TCA was founded in 2007, combining three Brockton Catholic elementary schools on the verge of closing. Suffolk Construction undertook major renovations at below-cost, and Stonehill College partnered with the Academy to enhance curriculum and provide professional teacher development.
TCA flourishes with:
- Renovated facilities including science, computer and language labs, art and music rooms, a Pre-K classroom, kitchens and cafeterias, and upgraded technology
- Better test scores showing significant improvement in all subjects, across all grades, including majority of students performing above grade level and some performing two grade levels above
- Talented and gifted program for students in Grades 4-8
- Music instruction for all students.
- Competitive athletics program including varsity and junior varsity boys and girls basketball teams. In 2017, the TCA Middle School Boys Basketball team won its second-straight Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) State Championship, their fourth title in seven years. The TCA Junior Girls Basketball team achieved a 10-0 record, scoring a championship title for the 2017 season.
- Improved teacher support with strong principal leadership, including performance-based compensation and specialized professional development